Missing Images - Bandwidth exceeded  

RSS

Web Designer Admin
20/11/2016 4:39 pm  

Due to numerous http requests and limited bandwidth, some of the component graphics (images) provided by our service will no longer be available.

We strongly suggest upgrading to a commercial plan in order to fully benefit from all our services.

Why upgrade to a commercial plan when I can use this service for free?

Well, everybody loves free stuff right?! Don't answer, of course everybody loves free stuff, but we (as service provider) have limitations imposed by bandwidth for example.

Limitations which effect you and our service in the same manner.

We just received email notification from Cloudinary (service used by our platform for hosting and providing exceptional quality graphics) and informed us that we have reached the bandwidth limitation provided by our plan.

We worked and still working on providing the best service ever but we also need your help.

Why we reached the bandwidth limitations so fast?

The answer is a bit complex but I will try to explain as simple as possible.

When I use an image and add it to my bio page (project, design, or simply added on my bio) that image makes a request to the hosting server. The browser renders the image for me to see. This means 1 request.

So far so good, simple.

Chaturbate uses multiple domain names for each country they provide their services.

For example there is chaturbate . com, es. chaturbate, fr. chaturbate, it. chaturbate and the list includes so many other country extensions. On each of those websites my Bio page is visible allowing me to make more money from my online activity (if I was a webcam performer), and each of those websites makes a request for displaying my image.

What if I have 300 visitors on my page? Yes, we will add another 300 requests for displaying a single image.

Let's add the human hot-linking factor in this.

My friend likes the image I've added on my Bio and decides he should use it too... it is not hard to right click, copy image url address and paste in his Bio page... Another request added...

My friend has 200 visitors on his page... let's add another 200 requests

Can you do the math for a single image?

After looking at the stats, a single image had 4k http requests (top bandwidth consumer)

What if I am to use 3 images in my Bio? 

Edited: 1 year  ago

Dan N - Camgirl Live Editor - Profile

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register